Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Final Thoughts of My Education Technology Journey


This week through the completion of the final exam, my learning journey of EME 5050 is coming to an end.

During this process, I have been adventured so many first times, for instance: to build up online profile, learning how to manage gradebook, creating digital storytelling examples using Prezi, setting up curriculum page, developing rubric, etc.
I am excited for all the things I have got from this course, and I cannot wait to integrate them into my future curriculums. The hardware I will use in my classroom are iPad, Mobile devices and SmartBoard. There are plenty of apps for us to choose, some of them have application value and education significant. Using technology can not only fascinating the curriculum, but also attracts students’ concentration in the mean time enhance their enthusiasms of learning.





As an educator, learning these new things is interesting to me, I enjoyed the concept of integrating technology into curriculum so much. As we seeing in several movies, they all have been telling us, in different areas, about how technology will look alike in the future.  I can imagine how education will grow in tomorrow’s classroom.

Here is a video tells about education in the future:


What will happen to the development of education technology, let's wait and see.










8 comments:

  1. Yunxh Yun,

    Great final comments. I feel much the same way as you-- there were so many things I learned to do in this class that I had never attempted to try before. What a great opportunity to dive into becoming a better teacher!

    Meghan S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Meghan, wish you have a successful career int he future.

      Yun

      Delete
  2. Hi Yunxh Yun,

    Like you, I have learned about so many interesting types of technology in this class that I never knew before. Going into this class, I really didn't know how to incorporate technology into the classroom because I was never exposed to it in my internships. So, I am very grateful to have taken this class because I feel that it will help us to be better teachers. Thank you for sharing and good luck to you in the future!

    Respectfully,
    Kim H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish you all the best in your future.

      Yun

      Delete
  3. You brought to mind many of the things we learned this semester like "to build up online profile, learning how to manage gradebook, creating digital storytelling examples using Prezi, setting up curriculum page, developing rubric, etc." and that is truly not everything. :) I agree that learning these things will definitely make us beter educators for our students.

    I loved the video, by the way - it is true that textbooks may soon be outdated and we will use tablets and computers for our major source of information. But because I love the "smell" of books, I hope that reading books for pleasure (even on an iPad) will still remain a very important pasttime. :)

    It's been a pleasure working with you this semester. I wish you great success in your future endeavors and hope we have the chance to work together again. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy, hope we can work together in the following semesters. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy learning all the times and have a wonderful time in your teaching position. Good luck!

      Yun

      Delete
  4. I have enjoyed reading your blog posting. As a music person myself, I am always looking for ways and thinking of ideas to use music in my room.

    Your video was interesting. I know life can be cyclical at times...and I can't help but wonder if we will eventually go back to good ol' books. As we seem to be fading away from paper and pencil, will the swing ever go back to the nastalgic ways of "regular methods"?

    Best of luck!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, I enjoy to communicate with you through this learning journey, I like the way you express yourself from your own experienced educational perspectives. Hope you have a great future in your career!

      Yun

      Delete